At Marineterrein Amsterdam, solutions to global issues are devised, tested and put into practice. Here, a leading international community of innovators, scientists and businesses work together to boost and build upon the strong international position held by both Amsterdam and the Netherlands. The Marineterrein is going to be a future-proof city district featuring open innovation, accessible and flexible living and working space, unique housing, sports, recreation, and greenery.
Over 30 organizations are part of the Marineterrein Community. Together, they make an essential contribution to the development of this area.
About our house rules and the way we have organized things for the community at the Marineterrein;
- Marineterrein Website: public news, projects, developments, Q&A.
- Community website: community news & events, who-is-who and a list of relevant documents.
- Community Newsletter is sent at least every month. Subscribe here.
Use in titles and in the first paragraph always ‘Marineterrein Amsterdam’ (without the), after that it’s simply ‘the Marineterrein’. If necessary, you can add that it is a former military area. The ‘former Marineterrein’ does not exist. The Marineterrein is still partly military, which is officially called ‘Marine Etablissement Amsterdam‘.
During the military past, all buildings were numbered, street names do not exist. That’s why the wayfinding system is based on these numbers. It consists of roughly 4 components:
- Street plan signs (at the entrances)
- Door signs (metal frames with blue signs)
- Routes (a yellow route along Kade West and a red route across the Voorwerf) visible on lampposts and signposts
- Building numbers
- [the name of your company]
- Marineterrein Amsterdam [link included]
- Kattenburgerstraat 5
- Building number XXX-X
- 1018 JA Amsterdam
How to find us at the Marineterrein:
- [in case you’re located at the Voorwerf] Follow the red route, visible on lampposts and signposts. Blue signs indicate the number of the building
- [in case you’re located at Kade West] Follow the yellow route, visible on lampposts and signposts. Blue signs indicate the number of the building.
- List of organizations at the Marineterrein
- Rooms for events
- Marineterrein Magazine and other documents